Family Christmas Pic

Family Christmas Pic
Christmas 2010

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Beautiful, yes. Innocent, who knows...

I have one of the most beautiful girls alive, I also have to claim that she is one of the most dramatic little twits also. She is a good girl, mostly, and I think she tries hard to do good but, wow, she can drive me bonkers! This picture was taken last year at her 11 year old birthday party. Now, I'm lucky she hasn't started to "develop" so the older boys don't take TOO much notice of her. We have a pretty good relationship and she's always thought it was fun that she was my only daughter but I do wonder what will happen as she becomes more of a teenager and less of a tween. She is now so much of an attitude striving eye-roller that I'm not even sure how to react to her half of the time. Part of me wants to slap her silly, part of me wants to laugh at her, and part of me wants to say something so sarcastic it would probably get me into trouble. Who knows how to raise a girl? If there is any advice out there, I'm all game for hearing it!

2 comments:

Maren said...

No advice, sorry. Just want to agree with you that she is beautiful. Please keep a journal to pass on to me when my drama queen is her age.

Jenny said...

All I can say is good luck. I'm not sure that any one thing would work. Especially since the same thing never works twice with Jenna...