Family Christmas Pic

Family Christmas Pic
Christmas 2010

Friday, February 12, 2010

the WORST four weeks EVER

The past four weeks have been absolutely horrible and I am going to complain about them, I feel I have earned the right. It all started with Jacob, he got a really bad cold and with his asthma we decided we needed to take him in to the doctor to get checked out. He just needed some steroids and some more regular asthma treatments which we've been through before. No big deal, right? Well, we didn't think so either. We had to go back in for a follow up and found out that even with steroids he developed a walking pneumonia. That was scary. I kinda freaked out about that one. We got some medicine and moved along. Then, about 3 days later, Carter woke up with a really bad cough and Cameron said his eye hurt really bad. When I looked at Cameron, I just laughed. I thought, well, no wonder your eye hurts you have some pretty nasty pink eye going on in there. So we went back to the doctor. Carter was diagnosed with walking pneumonia and Cameron with, no surprise, pink eye. Much of a surprise to me, pneumonia is actually contagious to people with respiritory problems like asthma, I had no clue. It was originally explained to me that pneumonia was a secondary condition and only the first virus was contagious. Anyhoo, after the doctor, we went back home and decided it was going to be a rough week with Carter sick but as long as we got medicine in Cam he could go to school. During this time, Kendall and I developed some kind of cold/flu that was pretty much kicking our behinds. We were pretty tired and were having a hard time putting one foot in front of the other much less taking care of sick kids. Then to make everything all better, on Tuesday morning at 3 am Cameron woke up throwing up with the most violent stomach flu we've had in about 5 years. It was bad. Not only did Cameron get it, it went through the ENTIRE family.
I am tired. I am sick of sick people and if someone else gets sick or tells me they feel bad I may jump out a window. I am a little dramatic sometimes. I sometimes act like my world will end because of what's going on, but I will tell you that the last four weeks was awful. I do not want to experience that again.
I hope beyond all hope it is over. Maybe our illness will be done for the season. With any luck......

3 comments:

Maren said...

You poor thing! That does not sound fun. I hope everyone is on the mend...and stays that way.

Kelly said...

forget about the season....... I think your done for the year.

Jan said...

I hear you on the asthma/pneumonia/bronchitis thing -- that's the way I live (and have done since I was 5) -- so sorry you've had to be dealing with it 'cause it's not easy.